PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, our Business Fundamentals series will be offered via Zoom this fall. Please see below for information and registration links.
SCORE Southeastern CT Presents "Fundamentals of Starting or Growing a Business," a five-workshop series for individuals who are considering starting a business and for current business owners who are looking for insights and inspiration for growing their business. These interactive sessions offer the opportunity for participants to learn from SCORE Mentors and other entrepreneurs.
Series sponsored by Guilford Savings Bank
This FREE series will enable you, as a participant, to:
- Better understand the 'feasibility' and competitiveness of your product/service idea -- i.e., are you solving a market need? Are you offering a better solution? You will get actionable insights to strengthen the appeal of your product/service idea.
- Fully understand your customers and competitors, so that you can better position your product or service. You will walk away with a better understand of the importance of market research and business planning in creating a sustainable business.
- Gain insights on how to reach the right customers, with stronger communications, e.g. a more competitive selling message for your product or service. We will explore how to reach your target audience, price your product/service and avoid financial pitfalls.
- Learn about the "must-haves" of e-marketing/sales tools and platforms that are critical for business success in 2019. We can help you assess the health of your business’s on-line presence and provide tips for improving it.
The workshops include in-class work on the most important aspects of building a business, as well as discussion and brainstorming. Please click on the following module topics to learn more and register; after registering, you will receive information on how to join the webinar. It is recommended, though not required, to take all five sessions.
- What's The Big Idea? Wednesday, September 30, 2020 / 5:30 - 7:30 PM
- Customers and Competition Wednesday, October 7, 2020 / 5:30 - 7:30 PM
- Marketing and Sales Basics Wednesday, October 14, 2020 / 5:30 - 7:30 PM
- Digital Marketing Must-Haves Wednesday, October 21, 2020 / 5:30 - 7:30 PM
- Show Me the Money! Wednesday, October 28, 2020 / 5:30 - 7:30 PM