SCORE Southeastern CT Introduces "Fundamentals of Starting or Growing a Business," a five-workshop series for individuals who are seriously considering starting a business, and for current business owners who are looking for insights and inspiration for growing their business. These interactive sessions offer the opportunity for participants to learn from SCORE Mentors and other entrepreneurs.
This NEW, free series will enable you, as a participant, to:
- Better understand the 'feasibility' and competitiveness of your product/service idea -- i.e., are you solving a market need? Are you offering a better solution? You will get actionable insights to strengthen the appeal of your product/service idea.
- Fully understand your customers and competitors, so that you can better position your product or service. You will walk away with a better understand of the importance of market research and business planning in creating a sustainable business.
- Gain insights on how to reach the right customers, with stronger communications, e.g. a more competitive selling message for your product or service. We will explore how to reach your target audience, price your product/service and avoid financial pitfalls.
- Learn about the "must-haves" of e-marketing/sales tools and platforms that are critical for business success in 2019. We can help you assess the health of your business’s on-line presence and provide tips for improving it.
The workshops will include in-class work on the most important aspects of building a business, as well as discussion and brainstorming. We strongly suggest that you attend all five modules, though it is not required. Click on the following module topics to learn more and register. To register for all remaining sessions at once, visit https://sect.score.org/fundamentals-starting-or-growing-business:
- The Idea -- The business, the products/services, the customer (Thurs., April 4, 5:30-7:30 PM)
- Customer and Competition (Thurs., April 11, 5:30-7:30 PM)
- Marketing - Product, Price, Place, Promotion - and Digital Must-Haves (Thurs., April 18, 5:30-7:30 PM)
- Sales and Digital Tools (Thurs., April 25, 5:30-7:30 PM)
- Show Me the Money - start-up & operating costs, essential financial planning (Thurs., May 2, 5:30-7:30 PM)
All sessions take place at Acton Public Library, 60 Old Boston Post Road, Old Saybrook, CT 06475.
Co-Sponsored by Acton Public Library