SCORE Southeastern CT Presents "Fundamentals of Starting or Growing a Business," a five-workshop series for individuals who are considering starting a business and for current business owners who are looking for insights and inspiration for growing their business. These interactive sessions offer the opportunity for participants to learn from SCORE Mentors and other entrepreneurs.
This FREE series will enable you, as a participant, to:
- Better understand the 'feasibility' and competitiveness of your product/service idea -- i.e., are you solving a market need? Are you offering a better solution? You will get actionable insights to strengthen the appeal of your product/service idea.
- Fully understand your customers and competitors, so that you can better position your product or service. You will walk away with a better understand of the importance of market research and business planning in creating a sustainable business.
- Gain insights on how to reach the right customers, with stronger communications, e.g. a more competitive selling message for your product or service. We will explore how to reach your target audience, price your product/service and avoid financial pitfalls.
- Learn about the "must-haves" of e-marketing/sales tools and platforms that are critical for business success in 2019. We can help you assess the health of your business’s on-line presence and provide tips for improving it.
The workshops will include in-class work on the most important aspects of building a business, as well as discussion and brainstorming. It is not required that you attend all five modules, though we strongly suggest that you do. Click on the following module topics to learn more and register.*
- What's The Big Idea? (Wed., April 1, 5:30-7:30 PM. This session sponsored by Northstar Wealth Partners)
- Customers and Competition (Wed., April 8, 5:30-7:30 PM)
- Marketing and Sales Basics (Wed., April 15, 5:30-7:30 PM)
- Digital Must Haves & e-Commerce (Wed., April 22, 5:30-7:30 PM)
- Show Me the Money! - Essential financial planning (Wed., April 29, 5:30-7:30 PM. This session sponsored by Liberty Bank.)
All sessions take place at Middlesex Community College, 100 Training Hill Rd., Chapman Hall, Middletown, CT 06457.
*If you plan to attend all five sessions and would like to register for all five at once, click here.